Thursday, January 3, 2008


The HuckaBOOM in Iowa has reached it's pinnacle, as tonight Mike Huckabee scored a landslide victory in the Iowa Caucus. I'm not one to typically say "I told you so", but click here to see my prediction dated Oct 31, 2007.

In the overall scheme of things, this is a SMALL beginning to a very long process. There are 49 more states to go before the Republican convention. Gov. Huckabee's victory however, gives him some momentum going forward to the Feb. 5 "Super Tuesday" primaries. Now the BOOM must go beyond Iowa into the other states.

Again, I urge you to visit to see where the Governor stands on the issues facing our country and his ideas for moving our country forward.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Blessings for 2008!

We celebrated New's Year Eve at the Stephenson's home last night. Six families from our church gathered for games, food, fun and a bit of political bantor .... the caucus here in Iowa is just 2 days away. There were 18 children from 4yrs to 20yrs present and they all had a wild and woolly time. Dressing up, playing pretend, board games, cards, pool - thank goodness the Stephenson's have a large home where the kids can play downstairs or in other rooms and the adults can have space to themselves. Many of us youngers and olders learned a new game called Ticket to Ride and enjoyed building railroads across the US and Europe. Close to midnight the teen girls gathered to mix up the Mocha Punch - a tradition of a sweet coffee flavored ice cream milkshake - yum!

As we look forward to 2008, there are so many new things in store for the Kambergers. We will be bringing Jeremy into our family before the end of February; Caitlin will turn 16 and be driving on her own by the summer; Jeriah will graduate from Faith Baptist Bible College in May and has actually already started to take module classes to continue into his Masters of Divinity program; Jeriah and Shawna will be married sometime in the summer - no date set as yet.

And those are things we already know, Lord willing, will occur. There will be so many more things that will take us by surprise, too! The good, the bad and the very blessed await us in 2008. What happens will take up about 20% of our life and how we respond to those things will take up the remaining 80%. May we take the mind of Christ with us into every situation, drawing closer to Him at every turn.

Our ultimate goals for 2008 remain the same:

to become more like Christ,
to please Christ in all we do
and to give God the glory for everything that happens.

Blessings to you and yours this new year!!


Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wedding Plans!

We are so happy to announce the engagement of our son Jeriah to Shawna DuRocher. As many of you know, Jeriah is a senior at Faith Baptist Bible College in Ankeny, IA. He will be graduating this spring with a degree in Pastoral Ministries and Counseling. He intends to continue on for his M.Div in the Seminary program at Faith.

Jeriah and Shawna met at the First Baptist Church in Colfax, IA where Jeriah works as the youth pastor. Shawna is active as a leader in the church's youth program. She has a Master's degree in counseling and works for the state of Iowa's Department of Human Services.

A wedding date will soon be announced!